Your birth matters!
As your doula I recognize birth is a key experience you will remember all your life. I understand the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor. I offer information prenatally to support you in preparing for the birth of your baby. I respect each family has a unique history that influences your decisions. We bring this all together on your labor day. I stay with you throughout your labor providing emotional support and physical comfort measures. I remind you in labor to gather information and take your time to make informed decisions, provide an objective viewpoint, and help facilitate communication between you, your partner, and your clinical care providers. My role is nurturing, supportive, and protective of your birth experience. I honor and encouraging your partner to participate at their comfort level.
My services include:
- A free consultation to discuss what you are looking for and an introduction to my services.
- Two meetings after our initial interview to discuss your desires and needs.
- Information to make pregnancy more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Explanation of the birth process and medical procedures.
- Assistance in developing a birth plan.
- Assistance by phone to discuss pregnancy progress and address questions or concerns.
- Community resources for pregnancy and childrearing.
During labor and birth:
- Continual attendance during your labor, birth, and first hours postpartum.
- Continuous labor support.
- Comfort measures and assistance with pain coping techniques.
- Explaining suggested procedures and their benefits, risks, and alternatives.
- Breastfeeding support.
- A phone call and a visit in the first three days after your birth to answer questions and provide support.
- A visit two to three weeks after your birth to see how you and the baby are doing and to review the birth.
- Breastfeeding support.
- Explanation of newborn appearances, characteristics, and care.
- Postpartum comfort measures.
- Sleeping suggestions.
- And always patience and a listening ear.
What about my partner?
With a doula present, the pressure on your partner is decreased and they can participate at their own comfort level. For those who want to play an active support role, I will assist and guide you in offering your partner comfort in effective ways.
You may have many questions about what a doula does and doesn’t do, if I support the birthing person that is planning to use medication (I do!), what the difference is between doula and midwifery care, and what the statistics say about the benefits of doula support at your birth. Please check out my FAQ page for the answer to these and other questions or contact me. I am happy to answer all of your questions.
Doula service fees available upon request.
I ask for 25 % down when you hire me as your doula, 25% during your 36th week of pregnancy, and the balance during your 38th week of pregnancy.
Last minute and you want a doula? I do that too! Please call me directly for this type of support. Full payment will be required before attending.
I do accept credit cards and payment plans may be arranged.
Additional services like placenta encapsulation, belly wrapping, breastfeeding, or postpartum doula support is available.
Many people have asked if I will continue to offer doula services as well as midwifery services. The answer is absolutely because women need support wherever and however they give birth.